Quick & Easy Chicken, Broccoli & Mushroom Stir-fry
Posted on November 8, 2016
Literally start to finish – 20 minutes. Mark hates stir-fry (I shouldn’t say HATE but it is not the first thing he would choose to eat)…so I decided to make this while he was away on a business trip. He did, however, give this recipe a thumbs up as he devoured it- COLD, the next day ;0)
What you need:
- head of broccoli, cut in bite size stumps
- pack of sliced mushrooms, further sliced in bite size pieces
- 1lb chicken boneless chicken breast, cubed and browned
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 ramen noodle squares – I chose brown rice ramen
- freshly grated ginger, 1-2tsp, to taste
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
- chicken broth, about 2 cups, to taste and consistency
- hoisin sauce, about 1/2 cup…but really to taste
- soy sauce, 1/4 cup…but really to taste
- salt/pepper/chili flakes, to taste
- parmesan cheese, grated (I know this sounds weird, but trust me)
- Olive oil
First cube your chicken and sprinkle flour/salt/pepper over cubes, coating.
Coat your skillet with oil and heat. Drop chicken and brown.
In another skillet/pan, coat with oil and heat. Drop garlic, broccoli, mushrooms and ginger while stir-frying for about 4-5 minutes on medium high heat…just until the broccoli and mushrooms are softened- DON’T OVER COOK. I added a pinch of salt here too, along with some chili flakes.
Then pour the broth, hoisin and soy sauce over the veggies and bring to a boil while adding salt and pepper, if needed. Let simmer for another 2 minutes while adjusting flavors to taste and the sauce will somewhat thicken.
Add the chicken, turn the heat down and add the ramen. Cover. Let the Ramen soften and stir occasionally…you will be able to tell when the ramen is done – about 4 min.
Serve with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese on top. YUM and EASY.