A Classic Greek Salad
Posted on November 10, 2016
We LOVE a fresh Greek Salad…personally, one of my favorites is served at Lola (http://www.lolaseattle.com/), downtown Seattle – so fresh, perfect spices and the feta is amazing!
Here is my version:
- 2 cucumbers, halved and sliced (1/4 moons)
- 2 or 3 medium size ripe tomatoes, sliced in wedges
- 1 medium shallot, thinly sliced (to taste)
- pitted kalamata olives
- 3 sprigs of fresh thyme, chopped
- dried oregano, to taste
- olive oil, to taste
- balsamic vinegar, to taste
- salt/pepper, to taste
- lemon wedge
- 1 package of feta, drained and cut into 1/4 inch thick wedges
In a large bowl, mix cucumbers, tomatoes, shallot and kalamata olives.
Season with thyme, oregano, salt/pepper, olive oil and just a dash of vinegar – to taste.
Transfer to a serving platter if desired, and squeeze a lemon wedge over the top.
Tuck the feta wedges in sporadically and serve!