Walla Walla Wine Tasting Weekend Tradition
Posted on February 20, 2012
Every year on/ around Valentines Day weekend, Ashley and I, my brother, sister in law and close friends all have made going to Walla Walla tradition (we are now in our 2nd year).
This year we tasted close to 70 wines from 11 wineries/ tasting rooms including:
- Walla Walla Vintners 225 Vineyard Lane Walla Walla, WA 99362 — Gordy is a great host!
- Pepper Bridge 1704 J.B. George Rd Walla Walla, WA 99362 — great underground tour
- K Vintners — 35 S. Spokane Street Walla Walla, WA (downtown) — even though Charles was not around we still had a great time thanks Alyson
- Tero Estates/ Flying Trout 6 W. Rose Street #103 Walla Walla, WA 99362 — awesome tasting room in the Marcus Whitman hotel. Great host too
- Cougar Crest 50 Frenchtown Rd. Walla Walla, WA 99362 — they have a mini cougar named Whiskey
- Woodward Canyon 11920 W. Highway 12 Lowden, WA 99360 — always hospitable.
- L’Ecole 41 Lowden School Road Lowden, WA 99362 — great wines, comfortable tasting room.
- Waters 1825 J.B. George Rd Walla Walla, WA 99362 — we did a private barrel tasting.
- Zerba Cellars 85530 Oregon 11 Milton-Freewater, OR 97862 — Ash is a wine club member
- Sleight of Hand 1959 J.B. George Rd Walla Walla, WA 99362– Trey has done something great with this wine.
- Fort Walla Walla Cellars 127 E. Main Street Walla Walla, WA 99362– great tasting room in downtown Seattle
While I am not the absolute wine connoisseur and my reviews are limited to how much fun we had, I can say we bought wines from…Walla Walla Vintners, Treo Estates, L’Ecole, Waters and Zerba cellars.
FYI…Alaska airlines had a promotion that your first case of wine fly’s home for free (no baggage fees) <– we did this.
This entire trip was coordinated by our driver/ owner of Black Tie Limos Tony Horner! We have used Tony before and every year he goes above and beyond to make sure everyone in our group was comfortable and secure. From picking us up from the airport on Friday to arranging winery tours almost everywhere to taking pictures of us (as we forgot to we truly felt at ease as we tasted our way through Walla Walla wine country. Black Tie Limos is simply the best Walla Walla wine tourscompany. Trust us. Tell Tony we sent you!